From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 01:06:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>

> > In order to work with different type sequences from other places, those
> type
> > sequences will still need to be modified.
>
> That's not my understanding at all. AFAIK, you can just specialize the
> begin<> and end<> metafunctions to produce iterators. Care to explain what
> you mean?

That is what I mean. You have to provide the iterators, and that is intrusive.
Nevertheless, that isn't really a big deal. I don't think that this is
necessarily a worthwhile goal on philosophical grounds. Template
metaprogramming is still in its infancy. As of right now, we still have a
reasonably chance at uniformity. Specifically designing the library to be
easily adaptable to alternate implementations of the same thing certainly
doesn't encourage uniformity.

Paul Mensonides