From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 08:52:49

At 09:08 AM 8/12/2002, William Kempf wrote:

>Actually, there have been few maitenance things done to Boost.Threads,
and
>those that were should pass testing on the compilers that passed
before.
>Most of the recent work has actually be done to support the new unit
>testing
>framework, and I expect it to all work from the threads/build directory
on
>the compilers where it worked before... but I'm sure I've broken the
>status/Jamfile stuff in the interim. I hope to correct that today.

By the time I read the above, I'd already guessed that was what you had
done and added a line to status/Jamfile.

That resulted in a link error

   Unresolved external 'init_unit_test_suite(int, char * *)'

I've also emailed that to Gennadiy; I expect it will be simple for him to
fix.

One oddity that has affected several libraries, but not threads, is that
Intel and VC++ 7.0 get link failures if test_main is defined like this:

     int test_main(int,char**)

I've just been changing those to

     int test_main(int,char*[])

which works fine.

I think that what is happening is that when char*[] decays, a const is
getting added. I have no idea if that is standards conforming.

--Beman