From: Chris Trengove (trengove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 18:18:22

[I suppose this question is mainly directed at David Abrahams.]

I have had some experience with writing Python extensions using the Borland
compiler (5.5.1) and so I have had a go at seeing what is required to make
Boost Python v1 work with BCC. After "fixing" various compilation errors,
and then resolving a couple of very nasty code generation errors, I have
been able to successfully build and run the first "getting started" example
program.

Unfortunately, when I moved onto the next example program, I received yet
another "internal compiler error", at which point I decided that any
further effort would best be spent on Boost Python v2. My question is
therefore; is it is possible to build v2 from the files in the CVS? If so,
how does one go about doing that? (My starting point for v1 was to use the
MSVC makefile and convert it to Borland Make format.)

Chris Trengove