From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-12 19:56:41

From: "Chris Trengove" <trengove_at_[hidden]>

> [I suppose this question is mainly directed at David Abrahams.]
>
> I have had some experience with writing Python extensions using the
Borland
> compiler (5.5.1) and so I have had a go at seeing what is required to
make
> Boost Python v1 work with BCC. After "fixing" various compilation errors,
> and then resolving a couple of very nasty code generation errors, I have
> been able to successfully build and run the first "getting started"
example
> program.
>
> Unfortunately, when I moved onto the next example program, I received yet
> another "internal compiler error", at which point I decided that any
> further effort would best be spent on Boost Python v2.

Yes; I wish you'd let me know you were attempting it with v1... I would
have told you to start with v2 from the get-go.

> My question is
> therefore; is it is possible to build v2 from the files in the CVS? If
so,
> how does one go about doing that? (My starting point for v1 was to use
the
> MSVC makefile and convert it to Borland Make format.)

See http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-May/001100.html
for getting started instructions. There's a very extensive test suite; if
you can get that to work under Borland (without breaking other platforms),
I'd be very glad to integrate your patches.

Good Luck!

-Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting