From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 14:18:52

I'd hate to start a different argument, but exceptions aren't always used to
indicate an unrecoverable situation, or even a situation that needs
recovering at all.

Though, not a very good example (because it depends on subjective design
tastes), consider method in a graphics program that asserts that a line and
triangle do not intersect because this is a necessary condition. The best
piece of information to throw might be, in fact, the point of intersection.