From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-13 23:06:27

Are you saying that all exceptions have to be derived from std::exception?
In my specific case, I'm using omniORB, and I don't think it's exceptions
are derived from std::exception. With no manor to propagate exceptions
because the library was biased.

Exception handling has no direct association with std::exception. If it is
my design perogative to use exceptions in a manor that gives me dynamic
return types then I may choose to throw an integer or anything else.