From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 10:54:07

During review of Boost.Test, I commented that it was important to me to
be able to use at least the execution tools without having to link a
separate library. I use Boost.Test (at least the previous incarnation)
 pretty regularly when I'm developing -- both for Boost libraries and
privately -- and the ability to use it via a simple #include and #define
has made the process quite transparent.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I recall Gennadiy noting during review that it
is possible to use at least some of the basic tools in the new
Boost.Test (Execution Tools/Test Tools?) without linking a separate
library. Is this no longer the case?

I commend Gennadiy on his hard work adding Unit Tests to the Test
system, among other features, but I am a bit dismayed that I may now
have to use a very heavyweight solution for some very basic needs that I
have.

ron