From: Rozental, Gennadiy (Gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 12:29:12

> For most boost libraries, the web pages are the only documentation
> available. I tend to use non-browser tools to generate quality
> (somewhat :) ) printouts and postscript/pdf files of the documentation.
> Javascript hinders my ability to do so.

And what about exteranal style sheets I am using? And I do not think that
this is a problem in any case.
Use postscript printer and print to file. Boost.Test documentation take
special care about pretty printing.
So even if you print it just as is it shouuld be good enough. If you have
any problems with prined version - let me know.

> IMHO, so long as HTML is the Boost standard documentation format, I
> think we should keep things restricted to vanilla HTML.
Javascript is a legal part of HTML at least for ~6 years now. And it is
standart supported everywhere.

> I am all for using tools to generate that HTML where useful and do so
myself, but I
> think the distributed docs should be simple.
I do not use documentation generation tools and javascript is the only
reasonable way to support different pages in sync.

Gennadiy.