From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-14 18:12:23

I just had a thought. What is the behavior of a thread_exit () type method?
What happens if a std::exception& is caught to hold onto the address, and in
the catch block, thread_exit () is called? Will this bypass the exception
handler destructing the exception, keeping it available for the thread<> to
destruct it lator? If not is there a way to do that? Portably? If so, is it
legal to delete the std::exception* that we held on to or is that object
memory sacred because it is in a "special" place?