From: Ruslan Zasukhin (sunshine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-16 05:46:10

on 8/16/02 13:27, Haug, Ulrich at ulrich.haug_at_[hidden] wrote:

Hi Urlich,

>> I wonder, are you also develop Locki ?
> no i do not develop with loki nor for loki.
>
>> I wonder because you follow this issue to close :-)
> but i am very interested in the coding techniques used in loki and in fast
small object allocation, because i also feel the need...the need for speed.

:-) Hello brother !!!

Then I hope we together will find cool effective solution.
In fact this is important for many tasks, e.g. Parsers and compilers.
I wonder why BOOST guys not work in this direction...Or I have miss
something ?

In fact it looks must be few classes. One for 100% fixed size object of the
same size. Other as SmallObject is locki.

---------
Urlich , Do you use CodeWarrior ?

I still was not have time talk to CW guys about other annoying problem in
Locki:
    most ScopeGuard inline functions (at least) in CodeWarrior
    are NOT inlined. CW give warn about this.

In CW docs I have found words that CW do NOT inline functions that return
OBJECTS that have (it seems) destructors. In other words, they say that CW
NEVER inline such functions as in ScopeGuard of Locki library. :-((

I don't know if e.g. Visual C++ inline them, because in Visual there is no
such warn.

So I very interested to know if this is PROBLEM of only CodeWarrior (my love
compiler) or this is normal for C++ itself.

I have CC this letter to several CW developers.
If somebody will be able to answer I will be many many thanks.
I can send small CW project that demonstrate this.

--
Best regards,