From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-19 19:15:10

At 06:19 PM 8/19/2002, Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:

>> I'm a little unsure about what's in test_exec_monitor.hpp, so perhaps
you

>> could explain that a bit more?
>
>#include <libs/test/src/unit_test_result.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/unit_test_suite.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/execution_monitor.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/test_main.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/test_tools.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/unit_test_parameters.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/unit_test_log.cpp>
>#include <libs/test/src/unit_test_monitor.cpp>
>
>test_exec_monitor.hpp will be used to those who for any reason do not
what
>to link with offline library but still want full featured Test Execution
>Monitor and willing to take some compilation overhead

OK. Makes sense now.

>> I think we might come up with better name than "online", but nothing
pops
>> into mind at the moment. Anyone else have a suggestion?
>
>I am using online as an opposite to offline.

Well, that isn't quite right. "inline" isn't 100% right either, but it is
seems better than "online" to me.

>One question is open though: what features minimalist test header should
>support?

I was just thinking of the V1 features. It might be OK to add to the
feature set, but the whole point is to be minimalist. So less is better,
IMO. After all, anyone who wants more can use the full framework.

--Beman