From: harald.binder_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-08-21 10:28:21

Hi,

I just tried to use a recent CVS snapshot of boost (20.8.) with CodeWarrior
8.1 on a Mac with a Mach C++ console project.
Metrowerks (makers of Codwarrior) seems to have changed the header usage
policy for Mach projects (Metrowerks headers are now used instead of the Apple
headers) and so I ran into several problems. They seem to result from what is
done in the file
boost/config/platform/macos.hpp:
Here it says
// If __MACH__, we're using the BSD standard C library, not the MSL:
#if __MACH__

This assumption is wrong with the new CW header usage policy.
A quick fix was to comment all the stuff that follows that ''#if' and to use
just the '#else' part.

One reason why nobody seems to have noticed that problem is that if one uses
exisitng CW 7.x projects these aren't converted to the new header policy
automatically.
You have to create a new Mach C++ console project to get to the problematic
configuration.

The only remaining error message I got was about an illegal name overload in
CW's own header file
Metrowerks CodeWarrior 8.0/Metrowerks
CodeWarrior/MSL/MSL_C/MSL_Common/Include/stdint.h
in the following line:
using std::int32_t;
Commenting that out "resolved" that issue temporarily, but I am not sure if
there has to be fixed something in boost.

One comment on trying to use an actual ublas snapshot:
CW produced MANY 'illegal token' parse errors. When opening the
corresponding ublas files it complained about 'inconsistent line endings' and after
fixing that automatically (and saving) everything seems to work fine.

Greetings,

Harald

http://www.gmx.net