From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-01 10:50:28

At 03:48 PM 8/31/2002, Jeff Garland wrote:

>> Since there is this tag, do you think it is OK to continue to make
>> modifications on HEAD ?
>
>Changes during the review should be avoided -- here is an excerpt from
the
>review process:
>
>A proposed library should remain stable during the review period; it will

>just confuse and irritate reviewers if there are
>numerous changes. It is, however, useful to upload fixes for serious
bugs
>right away, particularly those which prevent reviewers
>from fully evaluating the library. Post a notice of such fixes on the
>mailing list.

Seems like we need to distinguish between helpful changes and confusing
changes.

Correcting small errors in documentation or implementation is likely to be
helpful (but a notice should still be posted.)

But changes to interfaces, adding or removing features, and larger changes
of almost any kind are really confusing to reviewers and should be avoided.

--Beman