From: Herve Bronnimann (hbr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-03 16:23:35

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:24:45PM -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
> >Here what I am getting insteag of your messages. Is it for me only?
>
> It was OK on my machine, although I notice both the Boost
> (heart-of-gold.osl.iu.edu) and my ISP's server added messages to the
> headers:

Thanks for pointing this out. I argue that it must make my messages
excruciating to read. As an apology, I must apologize that my name is
French and requires an accent in the first name (and an umlaut on the o
in the last). Naturally, my editor and mailer are configured to read
iso-latin-1 character set (with Spanish people having the same problem,
and also copyright signs, etc., it's a courtesy as well as a need).

For the remainder of the formal review, I will try and remember to sign
my messages without my accent. No offense,

--
Herve