From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-03 20:15:38

At 05:23 PM 9/3/2002, Herve Bronnimann wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:24:45PM -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> >Here what I am getting insteag of your messages. Is it for me only?
>>
>> It was OK on my machine, although I notice both the Boost
>> (heart-of-gold.osl.iu.edu) and my ISP's server added messages to the
>> headers:
>
>Thanks for pointing this out. I argue that it must make my messages
>excruciating to read.

Even for the older version of Eudora that I use, and a small-town US ISP,
they are no problem. I'm wondering why whoever posted the original query
was using an email host and/or email client which couldn't deal with
ISO-Latin-1 messages? I would have thought that if my small town US ISP
could handle them correctly, anyone could.

--Beman