From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-04 23:14:55

Larry Evans wrote:

> Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:
> [...]
>

>>I was thinking about doing it, but how? and what about the required time?
>>... I'll try Greg's and come back at the end of the week. Thanks.
>>

> Before you spend a lot of time, you might consider whether boost would
> be that interested (see
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/1150459 )
>
> Also, since we seem the only ones interested in this topic, maybe we
> should take this "offline" (i.e. just email each other). Anybody else
> interested?

I'll start by adding a "forced" destruction member. It will decrement the
pointer, followed by a self-destruct placed_ptr call. This way at least
the programmer will be able to free his own cyclic container.

... or maybe operator delete could be displaced for placed_ptr<> or other
rc pointer types. What do you think?

Other areas seems to be copyrighted and chances are we'll have to adapt it
so it depends on their opinion mostly I guess.

--
Philippe A. Bouchard