From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-05 08:09:49

Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:

>I'll start by adding a "forced" destruction member. It will decrement the
>pointer, followed by a self-destruct placed_ptr call. This way at least
>the programmer will be able to free his own cyclic container.
>
>... or maybe operator delete could be displaced for placed_ptr<> or other
>rc pointer types. What do you think?

I don't understand. Could you provide examples?

>Other areas seems to be copyrighted and chances are we'll have to adapt it
>so it depends on their opinion mostly I guess.

I don't think that should stop you from adopting their ideas as long as you
give prominent credit in the comments someplace. You might also
see if there is any boost conventions on this. I don't know where they
might be though, but you can always see what others have done.