From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-05 01:29:04

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 2:38 PM, Gennadiy_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> I've haven't been following the new Test stuff that much, but your
>> words sound like that any code that uses (1) will currently
>> _break_ as
>> soon as the new Test stuff is released! I don't think that is
>> acceptable. Option (3) should be done to fix the problem.
>>
>> Daryle Walker
>
> What code is using (1) at the moment? AFAIK it what introduced
> recently by
> Peter for his own testing. And I hope that after introducing of
> minimal test
> I addressed all the issued he had with new Boost.Test, so he would be
> able
> to use minimal test header. All existent Boost tests modules should
> work as
> they worked before as soon as appropriate component is linked in.

As I said, I haven't been following too closely. Test files I have
written start off like

#define BOOST_INCLUDE_MAIN
#include <boost/test/test_tools.hpp>

That's what I don't want to break when I'm retrying my tests.

> BTW I just realized one reason why we may not want to implement option
> (3)
> as it is. I presume that nobody yet removed definition of the
> BOOST_INCLUDE_MAIN from their test modules, so introduction of (3)
> immediately switch all testing to minimal. I would prefer that by
> default
> regular Boost.Test components will be used. Also it may require to
> change
> all the Jamfiles.

After I saw this paragraph, I may misunderstand what is happening. Can
we clear up what the new Test library going to do to unaltered (yet)
test files?

Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, Video Game Junkie
darylew_at_[hidden]