From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-06 13:10:43

At 12:23 PM 9/6/2002, Toon Knapen wrote:

>The problem disappears if I modify line 82 in filesystem/operations.hpp
>from
>
> public boost::equality_comparable< directory_iterator >,
>
>into
>
> public boost::equality_comparable1< directory_iterator >,
>
>I see no reason why the former resolved to equality_comparable2 but
>apparantly it does. So what's the best way to patch this ?
>Modify the filesystem library to use "equality_comparable1" or find
>some way to make equality_comparable automatically resolve to
>equality_comparable1 ?

As far as filesystem goes, this is yet another reason to abandon
operators.hpp and move to iterator_adaptors.hpp for directory_iterator. So
just hack around the problem anyway you can for now; I'll switch to
iterator_adaptors as soon as 1.29.0 ships.

As far as operators.hpp goes, Dave and Jeremy may want to look at this or
not.

One thing I find affecting my thinking is that as more highly-compliant
compilers become available, I'm losing interest in workarounds for
no-so-compliant compilers.

--Beman