From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-08 17:12:01

http://researchweb.watson.ibm.com/journal/rd/435/schwarz.html

gives the format of the IBM S/390 binary and hex formats.

Do we need interval constants to cater for these?

These have significands with 24 (23 has hidden signidicand so doesn't
count?)
53 (52 plus hidden bit?)

56 hex

and 56 +56 = 112 hex and 48 + 64 = 112 binary

Does the radix make any difference the exact decimal values?
I don't see how it does, but is anyone more knowldegable?

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]