From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 15:05:31

On Monday 09 September 2002 21:43, Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:
> > > 2. Even with Javascript 1.5 it's pretty easy to write
> >
> > "portable" code.
> >
> > This would be a more convincing point had you done so. Have
> > you tried the
> > pages in Mozilla? (A browser which uses the reference
> > implementation for JavaScript, no less.)
>
> Yes I did. And it's working perfectly well. Try it yourself.

FWIW my browser (konqueror 3.0.2) crashes. I can't even view the index page.
Yes I know it does not have one of the best JavaScript implementations, but
that is not the point.

I still haven't seen a convincing reason to use JavaScript.

--Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet Hannover