From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 15:03:33

[2002-09-09] David Abrahams wrote:

>From: "Rozental, Gennadiy" <Gennadiy_at_[hidden]>
>
>> To access menu you do not need to click on the menu
>> root. Click is used for different purposes. I designed 2 styles/layouts
>for
>> the docs. One with gray border, second more simple white style if you do
>not
>> like first. Click on menu root toggle between them.
>
>Another example of poor UI design - it's a function hidden behind someting
>which seems to do something else. I click on something that looks like it
>should bring up a menu and instead it changes the style /and/ brings up a
>menu. Thereafter I'm confused about what changed the style.
>
>See, I don't want to waste any more breath arguing with you about why stuff
>like this doesn't work. Designing a bad UI with pure HTML takes a lot more
>effort.

And something that "breaks" if you allow cookies in your browser. Also the
menu is totally superflous given that you can implement exactly the same
thing, and more, with the _standard_ "link" meta tags.

I'd vote for banning ECMA/Java-Script, it's just anoying in general.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]