From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-11 07:47:03

I implemented new version of 'any' class. Download it from:
http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/cpp-experiment/any-1-01-beta.tar.gz

This implementation still has some problems:
1. Extraction of pointer to holded value. I'm not quite sure about syntax,
so I didn't included this operation into release.
2. Borland C++ doesn't compile it. I tried free command line compiler 5.5
under Windows and compiler supplied with Kylix 3 open edition for Linux.
3. Intel compiler creates binary (under linux) that crashes in
__dynamic_cast function. I tried to create a workaround but with partial
success. Version: Intel(R) C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version
6.0 Build 020312Z
4. New features are still not documented
5. Tests are incomplete yet

I'm waiting for your comments.

--
Best regards,