From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-11 07:44:18

Hi Bill,

I've just read this whole thread, and at some point you mentioned that could
could go back to a template version; I would really like that.

A few months ago I needed a fixed-point decimal class to perform some
geometric computations. The first thing I tried was your class, but since it
used a fixed integer type it turned out to be quite useless due to overflow
(which arised quite quickly in my application)

If you could turn the fixed decimal class into a template so I can use it
with an arbitrary length integer class it will be just what I need.

BTW; I need a compile-time-fixed number of decimals, and the same for all
decimal values. If you can do something to improve performance for those
cases it would be great.

Thanks.

 Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.