From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-12 18:43:05

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 06:06:09PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

Ok. With as goal to improve the documentation
so that others won't 'fall into the same trap',
I think that the old files on yahoo should be
removed; and there should be an addition to the FAQ
that answers:

"What kind of build system do boost libraries use?"

(so that there is a link from the FAQ)

What also is confused me is that "Install & Build"
(on the main page) gives me the feeling: That is information
for USERS of boost of how to build a download, and not
information for DEVELOPERS of boost of how to write a
build system. Hence that I clicked on "Boost (Developers)"
(just cause it contained the word 'developers', instead
of on "Install & Build"). A more clear seperation between
information for users (howto build) and developers (how
to write a build system) is needed imho.

A normal approach is to add a single link on the front
page "for developers", and add links to helpful information
for developers on that page. I have the feeling that
links to this information is rather mixed at the moment
(links of both kinds on the same page).

Hope this helps to improve the documentation in that
respect.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>