From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-13 08:26:26

On Friday 13 September 2002 04:00 am, Steven Kirk wrote:
> Yes I have had a similar problem. BOOST_FUNCTION_NO_DEPRECATED can cause
> very difficult-to-find problems with the signals library, as this is always
> built *without* BOOST_FUNCTION_NO_DEPRECATED defined, so attempting to use
> the signals library in a project with BOOST_FUNCTION_NO_DEPRECATED defined
> causes a number of obscure linker errors.

Perhaps BOOST_FUNCTION_NO_DEPRECATED isn't worth its sum in ASCII. It's
intended to be a portability aid to bridge the syntax changes, but if it is
causing this many problems (which I _don't_ know how to detect), then maybe
it should disappear. Or maybe just give a stern warning in the
documentation...

        Doug