From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-13 14:41:09

At 02:35 PM 9/13/2002, Neal D. Becker wrote:

>I believe it is a bad idea to use file names such as "fstream.hpp"
>that are too similar to the standard names (fstream.h or fstream).
>
>The fact that this file is called ".hpp" doesn't even hint that it's
>real reason for existence is that it is part of boost filesystem lib,
>but is otherwise similar in function to <fstream>.

Well, it is really <boost/filesystem/fstream.hpp> so that seemed to me to
be enough difference. It mirrors the namespaces, too, which are
boost::filesystem::whatever.

But I'm not wedded to any of the header or other names. Propose something
else, and see what kind of reaction you get from others.

>Are we really limited to 8x3 file names?

No, neither Boost nor the C++ Standard Library is so limited. Probably a
good idea to limit the names as far as characters and length, but no need
to restrict to 8.3.

--Beman