From: Jaap Suter (J.Suter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-14 16:18:26

> > It would be nice to implement access to a zip or tar file, for example,
> > as a read-only filesystem. (Or maybe even read-write!)

Yeah, that was my original idea. That is the main advantage of using
packages. However, compression is beyond the scope of the FileSystem
library, so imho it should be written on top of it.

> A tar file shouldn't be too difficult, not sure about a gzipped tar file.
> have two weeks with not much to do coming up so I might be able to try and
> get something that can read from a .tar file in the same interface as the
> B::FS classes.

Sounds great. I would definitely be using that.

Thanks,

Jaap "better get back to zipping those 100 files one by one" Suter