From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-19 16:09:44

From: "Daniel Lidström" <daniel.lidstrom_at_[hidden]>

> My platform is gcc 2.95.3-5 under cygwin, windows 2000 professional.
> This is the reason I want to have .a files, not .lib. I'm not using
visual
> c++, I'm going to use g++.

Oh. I build Cygwin libraries all the time with the .lib suffix; it works
just fine.

The key with bjam is not to try to build bjam itself under Cygwin. Just use
the regular Win32 build from the Boost website. We've tried to get the
Cygwin build of bjam to work a couple of times, but there are problems and
nobody's had time to diagnose them.

  If you insist on .a files, you could try setting SUFLIB=.a, either in
your environment:

    bash> export SUFLIB=.a

  or on the bjam command-line:

    bash> bjam -sSUFLIB=.a ...