From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-20 06:47:19

From: "Victor A. Wagner, Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]>

> Ok, that problem is over. we did our normal daily cvs update on all of
> boost and now we canNOT get any of our old Python stuff to re-compile
> so we figured maybe V2 had been "put in place" so we tried out the
examples
> in the docs (the main docs still refer to v1, btw), we can't compile the
V2
> examples, nor the V1 examples.
>
> We're getting very strange errors out of the middle of the "PlatformSDK"
> includes.
>
> Last week we were doing fine using V1 and thinking of switching to V2 but
> decided to wait until 1.29 actually existed.
>
> Today (well Thursday in the U.S.) we can't do _any_ boost::python
development.

Nothing much has changed in the v1 codebase in many months, and v2 of
course works. All tests are building and running fine for me with both vc6
and vc7 (and lots of other compilers). My guess is that one of the other
Boost libraries used by Boost.Python is having some interaction with the
platform SDK. You might try searching the Boost User list for references to
the platform SDK; I seem to remember seeing some reports of this problem
this past week.

Ah, yes, and here's a new page on the Wiki:
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?MsVc6

Rene, did you ever get a chance to look at this problem?

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting