From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-21 12:45:57

[2002-09-21] Peter Dimov wrote:
>I'm sure there are many more gems in Boost.Python that remain hidden for us
>non-Python developers. The best way to separate the general functionality
>would be to implement support for one more scripting language and
everything
>else will kind of fall out :-) but I know that this is a bit idealistic.

Funny you should mention that... One of the tasks for my current project is
to implement a scripting plugin. I'm using Lua as the scripting language in
this first version. But eventually others will be added, Perl and Python are
the next in line. It was my intention to look at what Dave did with Python
when I got around to doing that and trying to make a common
scripting/callback framework at that point, hopefully with Dave's help. So
eventually I hope to have a Boost.Lua. Unfortunately this last part won't
happen until next year (Summer), as I need to release a product and start
making some money first :-\

Thought you'd like to know :-)

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]