From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-22 08:21:37

At 02:39 AM 9/21/2002, Keith Burton wrote:

>I vote for inclusion.
>
>I congratulate Beman on a fine piece of work.

Thanks for the kind words!

>This shows the value of the Boost development model. The result is
>significantly better than my attempts.

Because of all the contributions from other Boosters, it is far better than
anything I could have done alone.

>Comments :
>
>Thomas Witt's work on roots should be added.

Yes agreed, although I'm still trying to pin down the details.

>Operators / and /= are an improvement on << and <<=.

Yes, and they will be incorporated.

>Rename documentation has a note referring to a move operation that does
>not exist.
>
>( Aside : Move operation should exist. )

Rename and move are the same operation. I've changed the docs as follows:

Rationale: Because "rename" is logically the same operation as "move",
there is no need for a separate "move" function. The choice of the name is
inherited from the C Library.

>Remove : changing remove to return a bool ; true if ph was actually
>removed would alleviate the concerns about the ( lack of ) exists
>precondition.

Good point. I've added it to the do list.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions,

--Beman