From: Bob Kline (bkline_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-23 07:24:31

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, John Maddock wrote:

Hello, John. Thanks very much for you very responsive answers.

> > Or is this a warning which can safely be suppressed? What are its
> > possible implications?
>
> No idea, probably best to ask on a VC specific newsgroup.

I'm probably about to expose embarrassing ignorance about how C++ really
works, but isn't it possible that our software could be vulnerable to
future behavior of the regex++ package which would break our code if
parts of a base class used by the package aren't accessible at runtime?
What I mean is this: even if we determine by careful inspection that
nothing in our code explicitly tries to use those inaccessible parts of
the base class, it's possible that macros in the regex++ headers might
make reference to those parts, causing some sort of runtime failure.
How far off base is this line of thought?

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline_at_[hidden]