From: Yitzhak Sapir (yitzhaks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-23 11:32:53

I don't know the state of the discussion now but, I use scoped_ptr a lot as class members. I find that having a swap is useful for that purpose, but I didn't know about it until now. I believe in cases where I needed an assignment/copy, I used shared_ptr instead.

Since I use scoped_ptr to point to private implementation classes, I also would have liked to have some kind of impl_ptr. The main difference being that impl_ptr's operator*() and operator->() would have const and non const versions that return references/pointers to T const and T respectively, so that I can check for const correctness more easily.