From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-25 09:01:27

From: "Fredrik Blomqvist" <f_blq_at_[hidden]>

> Hi,
> I recently noted that the boost coding guidelines
> document isn't part of the distribution!?
> I believe it should be clearly linked and visible, or
> have I missed something?
>
> (FYI the document can be found here:

The coding guidelines were reviewed and "accepted", but only amid a fair
amount of controversy and pending a fairly broad set of changes:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1153266

None of those changes have been made yet, so it probably isn't time to make
these guidelines part of the distribution. I have been too busy to pursue
the job, which seems as though it could be a fairly long-term (though maybe
not time-intensive) project. I may get back to it someday...

(to understand my attitude about this, see
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg15106.php)

It would be great if someone else would like to pick up the ball and manage
revisions of the original documents to prepare it for inclusion into Boost.
I wouldn't mind handing this project off, or working with others on it, at
all.

-Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting