From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-01 12:31:50

I vote for inclusion.

I reviewed the code, and wrote some tiny test code to sort of play around with it and things seem to work as expected. The documentation is fine for my purposes.

While this set of algorithms is not (for me) a common need, it seems common enough to include in a boost algorithm library. I understand that in games, one might one the farthest and the closest set of points on an object and making one pass rather than two is a good optimization.

I think I would have preferred that the last_min_element et.al were policy generated algorithms but not having enough experience with these algorithms and policy algorithms in general should not preclude acceptance at this time. I also do not have time to write a policy set and try them, so having a set of working algorithms is worth a lot more to me than some other yet to be coded set.

Good job!

Note to self:
   If accepted write cover classes to make it work with the lambda library.

   Yours,
   -Gary Powell-

amazon.com