From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-08 08:20:38

At 01:38 PM 10/3/2002, David Abrahams wrote:
>I've started to run all my HTML through HTMLTidy as part of my procedure
>(the command-line tidy integrates nicely with emacs!), and it's begun to
>complain about named references in URIs that contain spaces, e.g.
>
>http://www.boost.org/libs/utility/utility.htm#Class noncopyable
>
>This one is invalid due to the space. HTMLTidy changes the space to %20,
>but then my browser can't follow the link to its end.

Sorry for asking the obvious, but...

* Did you also change the utility.htm target anchor to use %20?

* What browser are you using?

> I tried to come up
>with a grep expression which would find all instances of this, but my
>talent with grep ran out of road.

But do we know what is actually valid? It is pretty scary if even HTMLTidy
can't figure out the "right way". Need to do some research.

>Anyway, what should we do about this?

We really need to start scanning all Boost HTML on a regular basis. Along
with a lengthening list of other automatic scans we should be doing.

--Beman