From: Herve Bronnimann (hbr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-09 21:37:25

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:33:16PM +0100, Craig Henderson wrote:
> I have just tried to import the LCS files into the sandbox. This is my first
> ever cvs import, and I'm not sure what has gone on. I'm very new to CVS !

A good starting point is the manual:
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/

> Here what I did, and the cvs output. It all appears to have worked, but
> updating from the sandbox does not bring these files down. I am guessing it
> is something to do with the tags. Have I got these wrong, and how do I
> correct them?

It didn't work, I don't see those files. You shouldn't use import for
that. As you learn from the manual:

  Use import to incorporate an entire source distribution from an outside
  source (e.g., a source vendor) into your source repository directory.
  You can use this command both for initial creation of a repository, and
  for wholesale updates to the module from the outside source. See section
  13. Tracking third-party sources, for a discussion on this subject.

In your case, you only have a copy of the repository (which you check
out, like in a library) so import is definitely not the command to use.
To put your files in you should first make sure you've got an up-to-date
copy, by `cvs update -d' in the boost-sandbox root directory, then

cvs add [list all the files here on the same command line]
cvs commit [list those files again on the same command line]

You then enter a short description of the files, and it's in the
repository. To test if it worked, just check out a new copy of the
sandbox in /tmp or any other directory, they should be there. (Then you
can immediately scrap your /tmp copy.)

--
Herve'