From: Herve Bronnimann (hbr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-09 21:51:12

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:02:29AM +0100, Ken Hagan wrote:
> There's an error in the HTML, rather than your browser, so problems
> ought to show up in everyone's browser. Presumably the file got garbled
> when Paul uploaded it, or maybe when we downloaded it.

FWIW, I recall having the same problem when I uploaded the docs of the
Interval library. The problem was diagnosed as having links <A
HREF="..."> on several lines (just like I did): when uploading the
corresponding tag </A> would be removed, and run until the next <A> tag.

The fix was simple: manually edit the HTML source to make sure this
didn't happen. A pain, but some editors (Mozilla-based, in my case) just
don't care to write <A HREF=".."> on a single line. The browsers don't
have this problem. It's definitely a bug in the upload method, so files
distributed by other means (zip, cvs, etc) don't suffer from the bug.

My 2 cents,

--
Herve'