From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-12 02:49:05

Hi,

Now that Boost 1.29 has been released, the Interval Library will sooner or
later be included in the main CVS. So I have a little question related to
that: where should the library be located?

There were some discusions about it during the review. But I don't
remember that any consensus had been reached. The library is for the
moment located directly under 'boost/'; but it may or may not be the best
location (I don't have a strong opinion on this matter).

Before answering, just remember that the current situation isn't really
homogeneous:

  - rational is located under 'boost/'
  - quaternion and octonion are located under 'boost/math/'
  - uBlas is located under 'boost/numeric/'

If the answer was to be 'boost/numeric/', I have a related question. Some
times ago, there was a discussion about changing 'numeric/' to
'numerics/'. I personally was against such a change since it would break
programs already relying on uBlas; and only one Boost header was slighty
concerned, and only with compilers lacking quality of implementation. But
a lot of people were favourable to this change.

However, uBlas has now been officially released in Boost 1.29 and it is
still located under 'boost/numeric/'. So more and more progams will be
broken by such a change. Can I expect 'boost/numeric/' to stay as it is or
not? I'm asking this question, because if the consensus is to put the
Interval Library in 'boost/numeric/', I would like to avoid to move it one
more time later (since it's not a small library).

Regards,

Guillaume