From: v m (boost_vam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-15 14:06:42

hi,
 As part of my course project, I am planning to make
changes to the boost archetype classes so that they
conform to the current ANSI/ISO C++
standard(INCITS/ISO/IEC 14882-1998). During the
process, I will have to discuss quite a few things
about these archetype classes and related issues. I
wanted to know if i could post my queries on this
mailing list or if i should contact the developer(s)
of the archetype classes.
 Just to get a feel of the type of queries i would be
asking, here are some questions i have in mind right
now:

1. My primary source of the current archetype classes
is this :
http://www.boost.org/boost/concept_archetype.hpp

Is there a more recent header, or is there any such
header under development?

2. My professor suggested that since the archetypes
are used only at compile time, most of the methods in
those classes need NOT have bodies. Any comments?

3. There are several differences between the standard
and the current archetype classes, especially the
iterator archetype classes. For example, almost all
the relational operators (operator==, operator!= etc)
have a return type of bool whereas the standard
requires a return type convertible to bool. Would
changing the return type have any unwanted
consequences (not particularly in the
concept_archetype.hpp) ?

Thank you for your valuable time spent for going
through this long long mail.

Vamshi.