From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-16 09:16:20

> > Is it a bad idea to link dynamically to boost_thread and
> > boost_date_time libraries? Or there is nothing wrong with it and all
> > I have to do is add a dll rule for each of them?

There really shouldn't be a problem with dynamic linking of date_time.
However, about 95% of the library functions are inlined so I don't suspect
dynamic linking is going to save much.

Anyway, the real reason for the current state has more do with me
not being an expert on Jamfile writing. In fact, the Jamfile was
initially written by a fellow booster and then hacked up by me.
So I would be happy to take recommendations on changes to the
Jamfile.

Jeff