Boost logo

Boost :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-17 07:25:46

Samuel Krempp <krempp_at_[hidden]> writes:

> le Jeudi 17 Octobre 2002 03:58, dave_at_[hidden] écrivit :
> > We'd be making a new branch off of Version_1_29_0, so only changes
> > that were explicitly backported would show up in the release.
> I guess we are to commit planned 1.29.1 changes into the RC_1_29_0 branch
> in the meantime, and the branching will be used to stabilize those at some
> point (just like RC_1_29_0 was used wrt trunk) ?

I am not ready to make that decision. The way the Python project
works, they have a release_2_2_maint branch for maintenance along
which 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 have been released.
> Would the 1_29_1 release be planned for in a few days, a few weeks,
> a few months, .. ?

If we do it, I'd like to do it soon. However, Beman and I are both
going to Santa Cruz next week, and I'm travelling until Nov 2
thereafter, so I'm not sure how practical that would be. I need to
hear from Beman what he thinks. Maybe early Nov. would be best.

                    David Abrahams
dave_at_[hidden] *
Building C/C++ Extensions for Python: Dec 9-11, Austin, TX

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at