From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 06:26:56

I've come across a couple of bugs in the unit test library:

1) In several places std::string::data() is called and the result is either
stored for future use or used as a null-terminated string. This fails with
gcc's std lib because the data() member function does not return a
null-terminated string (just the raw data, that's all the standard
requires). All incidents of data() need to be changed to c_str() at the
very least, and preferably the conversion to a C-string should be removed
altogether and the string passed around as const std::string& rather than
const char*.

2) If I specify the --build-info=yes option on the command line no build
info output is produced unless I up the output logging level
to --log_level=all, which produces a huge amount of unnecessary info in the
tests I'm working on (a couple thousand tests). IMO if I
specify --build-info=yes then I mean it :-)

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm