From: Martin Weiser (weiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 05:28:17

On Freitag, 18. Oktober 2002 01:11, Bohdan wrote:
> "David A. Greene" <greened_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> > I've often found the need to construct container adaptors to provide
> > things such as a fixed-size vector. After once again writing
> > some of these things, I'm wondering whether it might be worth
> > designing a container adaptor library similar to the iterator
> > adaptor library. I can see a container traits library coming
> > out of this as well.
>
> May be a bit OT, but what about View Templeate Library ? :
> http://www.zib.de/weiser/vtl/toc.html

No, not really OT, although VTL is designed more around the idea of
providing (more or less) immutable "views" onto existing data.

> I'm just curious, why it is so unpopular ?

Don't know. Missing advertising? ;)

> Is it too old ? Is it surplus, from boosters point of view ?

Well, today I'd implement it in a different way. Actually we're still
intending to rewrite the library using the boost iterator adaptor
library... as time permits :(

> I never heard it was mentioned in this ML.

We raised this topic some time ago, but got only a limited response. Not
much discussion evolved.

Yours,
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Weiser            Zuse Institute Berlin
weiser_at_[hidden]                Scientific Computing