From: Bohdan (warever_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 12:36:15

"Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I'm working on very small lib, which I found very usefull,
> and I'd like to ask is what is your opinion of it usability.
>
> Many times I was missing some fundamental string manipulation routines,
> which are not part of STL, especially functions link trim and various
> conversion routines like to_upper and to_lower.
>
> Although these function are realy simple, I found it as a pain in the neck
> to reimplement them every time I need them.
> Now I'm putting them in one lib in some nice looking manner.
>
> So is there anyone who thinks, that something like this shoud be useful enough
> to include it in the boost?
>
> I would be very happy if you have any ideas what functionality should
> be included there.

I have string/sequence distance algorithm, i.e. min numbrer of
inserts+replaces+deletes
that should be applied to first string string/sequence to obtain second
string/sequence.
Such function/algorithm is useful when comparing two strings with errors.
Also i'm interested in ltrim, rtrim, trim and different encoding conversions.

regards,
bohdan