From: Craig Henderson (cdm.henderson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 16:00:19

"Bohdan" <warever_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I have string/sequence distance algorithm, i.e. min numbrer of
> inserts+replaces+deletes
> that should be applied to first string string/sequence to obtain second
> string/sequence.
> Such function/algorithm is useful when comparing two strings with errors.
> Also i'm interested in ltrim, rtrim, trim and different encoding
conversions.

I also have an Edit (Levenshtein) Distance implementation which is based on
my LCS Length algorithm that is already in the sandbox in sequence_algo. I
adapted LLCS to an Edit Distance implementation after discussion with
Philippe Lalande, and could add it to the sandbox to begin discussion if
you're interested.

Regards
-- Craig