From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-19 05:51:30

Hi Spirit team,

I used spirit 1.3.2 on my last semester project. It was nice to use much of
it, but a big drawback
was that debug iterators was somehow not supported. Forgive me for not
having tried with the
newest version, and forgive me if the problem no longer exist, but we all
need more time than we have :-)

The problem appeared when we used the debug iterators of STLport (STLPort
4.5.3). The spirit template
code would refuse to use them. I guess the problem could be either in Spirit
or in STLport. The problem
was really irritating because we could not use debug iterators in any other
code that needed to link with our parser; therefore
we didn't use debug iterators at all which costed us a great deal of extra
time.

If the problem doesn't exist anymore, it's just great. If it does, it might
be good idea with such a test case.

regards

Thorsten, AAU