From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-19 06:24:42

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]>

> Hi Spirit team,
>
> I used spirit 1.3.2 on my last semester project. It was nice to use much of
> it, but a big drawback
> was that debug iterators was somehow not supported. Forgive me for not
> having tried with the
> newest version, and forgive me if the problem no longer exist, but we all
> need more time than we have :-)
>
> The problem appeared when we used the debug iterators of STLport (STLPort
> 4.5.3). The spirit template
> code would refuse to use them. I guess the problem could be either in Spirit
> or in STLport. The problem
> was really irritating because we could not use debug iterators in any other
> code that needed to link with our parser; therefore
> we didn't use debug iterators at all which costed us a great deal of extra
> time.
>
> If the problem doesn't exist anymore, it's just great. If it does, it might
> be good idea with such a test case.

Hi,

Was the bug reported? I use STL port with v1.5 with no problems but
I will never be sure if your particular case is solved unless you give me
more details. Simply stating that "debug iterators was somehow not supported"
is not very helpful. I'd have to see the actual compiler errors and the code
that exhibits the behavior.

Regards,
--Joel