From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-24 17:46:34

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> It seems to me that part of the release process that would delay merges
> from the candidate branch to the main branch is misguided. Critical
> changes made to the release branch should be immediately merged on the
> main branch. This avoids the issues of forgetting to merge later
> which can lead to lost fixes or fixes that are much harder to merge.

I think the whole approach of merging from the release to the main
trunk is totally misguided. If there's a fix which _can_ be applied in
the trunk, it should be made there *first*. At least if it breaks
something in the release candidate we'll be more likely to hear about
it that way. If the trunk has already diverged too far for the fix to
be applicable, it's a non-issue anyway.

--
                    David Abrahams
Building C/C++ Extensions for Python: Dec 9-11, Austin, TX